Monday, December 9, 2013

A peek in my Art journal

Did everyone on the east coast survive the storm? There was some snow and ice where I am, but not much accumulation. A wonderful day to spend sipping warm drinks and getting lost in projects, no? I spent a good portion of the day playing in my art journal, here's what happened!

'I am your own way of looking at things,' She said. ' When you allow me to live with you , every glance at the world around you will be a sort of salvation.' And I took her hand. 
I am really terrible at "finishing" journal pages beyond interesting backgrounds, so I am happy I got so much on the page.I decided to draw out a muse, today she is purple! I used stamps, crayola markers, gel pens, gesso, and a healthy amount of glitter. The qoute is from William Stafford's poem called "When I met my muse," very appropriate! Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, but the halo still bothers me a bit. I intended it to be a paler kind of glowy look, but instead I have a Dragon Ball Z look, oops! How do you find words or quotes to use in your journals?

No comments:

Post a Comment