Monday, September 10, 2012

Playing Catchup

I'm a  bit behind on posts so here's the scoop all in one post! So remember that softie doll I was working on? Well I didn't forget about it! I actually "finished" him many weeks ago! But I accidentally left him in my boyfriend's car somehow and only just got him back this weekend. As you can see, he is a bit of a fail. Poor Andre the giant. I didn' leave enough seam allowance so the stitching is coming out. Next time I will know to make him bigger!

I also sent some postcards out for postcrossing last week! I also got a postcard from the Ukraine and a letter from a fellow blogger! Today I got a letter from Russia with beautiful stamps! Is that enough exclamations for you in 3 sentences?!
One for the Netherlands, Belarus, and Germany!

I'll write you soon, Alyssa! You should check out her blog:The Not Quite Dying Art

The top one is from the Ukraine with a traditional wedding bread. The second is from Russia.
So many wonderful stamps! and all hand cancelled! *swoon*

She says the woman on the stamp is me! She must secretly know I love big fancy dresses...


She included her address so I think I may send something back!


Out going today was a Big package for a craft supply swap and a letter to my twin friends from college =)
Even if it is just a bunch of random magazine pages, it's so much more interesting than a boring brown box!

Making use of my crayon scribble envelope!

Did anyone discover a lovely surprise in their mailbox today?

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love the doll, are you a fan of The Princess Bride?
    Postcrossing is my new addiction, have you got any postcards from the U.K. yet? If not I'd be happy to send you one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the movie but I didn't mean to make it look like him! There's a running theme in my life when making dolls, when I want it to be a girl it turns into a boy. ALWAYS. I haven't gotten any from the UK yet! I can send you one too!

      Delete